As per http://www.merriam-webster.com:
- Main Entry: trans·par·ent
- Pronunciation: \tran(t)s-ˈper-ənt\
- Function: adjective
- 1 a (1): having the property of transmitting light without appreciable scattering so that bodies lying beyond are seen clearly : pellucid (2): allowing the passage of a specified form of radiation (as X-rays or ultraviolet light) b: fine or sheer enough to be seen through : diaphanous
I want to be transparent. I want others to look at me and not have to guess what I stand for and who I am. And when others meet me and get to know me, I want them to see that I'm real, that I'm a person with emotions and that I'm not afraid to show those emotions. I want people to feel like they can trust me. I want them to know that I'm a good person with many flaws, but my life is about living for Jesus and living to be like Him, but that I will always fail and I may fail the people who choose to trust me. And I may fail with the same things over and over again, taking small steps to figure out how to get things right, and maybe never getting some things right at all.I want to love. I want people to know that I love them. I want them to know that even if I don't understand, I will pray for them - when I remember to. I will do this even if I don't know them, too. I want them to know that I don't always remember to pray, but that I'm learning to be more consistent and that I want to be a prayer warrior again like I used to be in the past. I want them to know that if I can't help any other way, that I feel that praying for them is the strongest thing that I can do because I have a God who is stronger than anything else in this world, no matter what happens, no matter what we don't understand. I want people to know that I accept them - even if we have nothing in common, even if we can never be friends, I still accept them for who they are. And even if we don't believe in the same things, I will accept and respect them and hope that they have the same acceptance and respect for me in return.
I want to listen. I want to be a friend who is always there, even in the middle of the night. I want people to know that if they need me, please call. If I can't talk, I will tell you - but I will call you back. If I can talk, I will listen for hours if necessary, even if it deprives me of sleep for the next day.
I want these things and more. Will I ever truly be all of these things? Maybe, maybe not - but I want to strive for these things and I want others to teach me how I can be better at just being a transparent, loving, listening person. Don't ever be afraid to point out my weaknesses. Don't ever be afraid to critique how I live my life - whether you're wrong or right, I will listen. Whether I like it or not, I will accept your opinion and will try to remember to pray upon how Jesus would have me respond in my life. Whether or not I change, I want to hear it.
I want to be transparent.
-Kristin Hope
No comments:
Post a Comment
Honest and respectful comments are welcome.
Thank you for your thoughts!
(Comment as "Name/URL" if you want to provide a name but do not want to log in to one of the specified profiles.)