Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today is Wednesday,
not Thursday...

Last night I went to a Women's Bible Study and today I was in Frisco all day for a TASBO class. And today, I keep thinking it's Thursday! I hate when that happens - I feel like I'm going to be thrown off the rest of the week - but it'll be nice when 3:00 Friday rolls around.

So, right now I'm listening to Chris talk to a friend online and he reminded me of something I saw the other day at Barnes and Noble. A book titled Pride and Prejudice and Zombies .... HUH??


A part of the B&N website synopses states: ""It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem."

Maybe I'm just a bit weirded out because it's, well, the original is kind of a classic... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the next horror or thriller anything (a weakness of mine that I'm feeling nudged to re-consider....God, do I really have to?), but Pride and Prejudice....and Zombies?? So, maybe I need to go and read the original - then see how the expanded edition reads.

Well, I would go and read the original....but I have yet to finish: Bridge to Terabithia, The Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth Series, Thr3e by Ted Dekker (My Favorite Author), The Twilight Saga, and Adam by Ted Dekker (Which I just bought...yesterday)....among probably many others that I've since forgotten. ...I also mentioned earlier that I'm in a Bible study - that workbook is Beth Moore's Stepping Up: A Journey through the Psalms of Ascent.

It's not that I don't like reading - I LOVE TO READ! But, I seem to get distracted and then sometimes forget all about the book that I started. I'm trying to get better because I know that reading will help keep my mind active - I feel blessed that even though I have to wear glasses, I still have my eyes and I don't want them to forget what it's like to read. Heck, maybe reading helps your eyes get stronger? Fat chance, I know. :)

Alright, well, I better go...as hubby nicely stated, "...while the brownies are still warm." (I'm putting ice cream on mine...yum!) But yeah - he just wants me to get him one - I see how it is. :)


-Kristin Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honest and respectful comments are welcome.
Thank you for your thoughts!

(Comment as "Name/URL" if you want to provide a name but do not want to log in to one of the specified profiles.)