Sunday, September 2, 2012

September - PCOS Awareness Month





September is PCOS Awareness Month and I want to help spread the word of a new resource that is available for anyone who needs/wants to learn more about PCOS.  I think the ladies who have started this group have a really good thing going, but more people need to be aware so the organization can grow.  Please visit 1-in-10 for more information - even if you don't have PCOS, it's likely that someone in your life may...

For September, I've joined a 30 Day Journal Challenge through 1-in-10.  I'll say it now - I will not focus on journaling every single day.  That will only stress me out.  However, I will focus on using the prompts to journal all 30 days, even if it takes several months instead of just 1.  If I make it in 1 month, then great.  If not, it's no big deal.  :)

Before I get to the challenge, I wanted to share some happy news.  I had lab work done on March 9 and then went back on August 27 and several results were lower:
  • Cholesterol went down 260 to 230
  • LDL went down 177 to 162
  • Triglycerides went down 170 to 124
  • Glucose went down 100 to 78
  • Weight went down 228 to 209.5
I'm working on finding a good way to track my lab results so that I can enter in my information and view it visually with a chart or something.  So far, I think I will have to resort to charting with Excel - but, I'm still researching to see if something else is out there.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  :)


Now, here's the Day 1 journal from 1-in-10 - 30 Day Journal Challenge:
Day 1 - 09/01/12
The best way to start is by chronicling your 30 day challenge! Write down what you do each day, how you feel, even include a food log if you wish.  The point of this journal challenge is to take 5-10 minutes out of each day and use them as time to reflect on you!
Each day, no matter what "prompt" you're given, make a "gratitude list" at the end of your journal entry:  What inspired you today?  What surprised you today?  What touched you today?  What are you thankful for today?
Day 1 Prompt:  Find a quote that sums up what you hope to gain from this challenge.  Write it in your journal (or glue/tape it in there if you found it in a magazine, etc.) and, underneath, write how this applies to your journey. Don't know where to turn for inspiration?  Check out our FB photo album, or our Pinterest Board!
Journal:  This pretty much sums it up for me....
Source: tumblr.com via Kristin on Pinterest 
God put me on this journey, and I don't know why.  I feel like quitting so often...it's so easy to get discouraged.  But I choose to walk on this journey because I want to be healthy.  I want to encourage and inspire others with the choices I make.  I want to be comfortable in my own body.  I want to honor this body that God gave me.  I want to have children one day.
Today....
  • My cats made me smile - as they usually do.  They are both cuddly balls of fur when they want to be, and I love it when they want my attention.  I, of course, oblige as often as I can.
  • I remembered a dear friend and was thankful for Facebook - My friend Denise passed away not long ago, and occasionally I still see her name on my Facebook page.  It's a bitter-sweet thing because in one split second, I see her name and forget that she's not on this earth anymore...and then I remember again.  But every time I see her name, she makes me smile.  :)
  • I rested - Yes, I just had a week of vacation where I rested, but yesterday was a very stressful day back to work.  So today, I did nothing except watch movies and play ChefVille on Facebook.  :)


Thanks for reading!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honest and respectful comments are welcome.
Thank you for your thoughts!

(Comment as "Name/URL" if you want to provide a name but do not want to log in to one of the specified profiles.)