Thursday, September 3, 2015

One word

I've been gone a while. I'll just jump right on in....

On the way to work, I listen to Jeff and Rebecca on 90.9 KCBI. It's definitely a station that I would say has blessed me in many ways. There's music, and then there's just a little talking. Just enough to keep you interested, just enough to make you intrigued, just enough to help you learn just a small piece of wisdom for the day. I enjoy this station immensely.

One day, either this week or last, I can't remember because my days just kind of flow into one another.....digressing, sorry.... So, one day recently, Jeff talked about a story that he was a part of. A story that God put together, using just one word: diapers. When hurricane Katrina caused her havoc, Jeff felt compelled to gather diapers. Long story short, what started out as just one word turned into a huge blessing for those who lost everything - so many diapers were donated, and God made a way for those diapers to get to their destination, all because Jeff listened to just one word...diapers.

So of course, this story got me thinking. I wondered about all the "one words" God has given me in the past that maybe I just ignored. I know it's happened to me before, and I never acted. I never started any research. I never responded to the nudge. And eventually, the nudge to my heart turned into a faint whisper and finally became quiet and then disappeared all together. After listening to Jeff's story, I decided I needed to make a point to listen. I've been gone a long time. So many things have happened in my life. When I decided to listen, you know what word I heard? Blog. Yep. God is a techie.... :) Well why not, He's everything else, too! Blog. That's it. BLOG.

With that, I'm back. As always, you're welcome to join me. I'm just one person in this world of who-knows-how-many. But to one other person, maybe I can somehow provide strength and encouragement. Maybe something I've gone through, or am going through, is just the one thing that someone else needs to hear about for whatever reason. I'm going to have to figure out how to balance this between work, home, hubby, and two kids. But, I imagine God will provide a way. He's the one who wants me back in this space. 

So....here goes everything! 

(please excuse any blog messiness. i do have some things i need to clean up...)

3 comments:

  1. Take 5 minutes a day as "you" time. Have hubby get the kids ready for bed or give them baths or anything else that will give you just a few minutes of your own time to be able to blog. Its so very very important especially with multiple children and work and everything else that comes with being a mom and a wife and running a home, that you have time to yourself to unwind and do what it is that makes you happy. ❤YOUR SIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you listened. I believe i am typing from a very very far place,yet your "Blog" caught my attention cause you were thinking (like me today) if God had wings or not (ya that comment there is mine too)
    :)
    Thanks for blogging .Keep it up & please keep me in your prayers too.

    ReplyDelete

Honest and respectful comments are welcome.
Thank you for your thoughts!

(Comment as "Name/URL" if you want to provide a name but do not want to log in to one of the specified profiles.)