Friday, December 4, 2009

Woodland Park, Colorado - The City Above the Clouds

So here I am at Jenny's house in Woodland Park, Colorado.  Sunni and I arrived here yesterday afternoon, and boy has it been COLD!  But, I absolutely love it - I'm thinking of moving somewhere here now, don't you know?  :)  Just kidding - but yeah, I think I would't mind if the opportunity ever presented itself.  We are 8465 feet above sea level, so walking down to her basement room or up to her second floor really takes the wind out of me!  I think I may finally be getting the hang of it, but wow, it's crazy how altitude can do that to you!

I've taken a few pictures and will take more during the duration of my stay - I will leave to go home on Sunday.  I'll post those pictures in another blog, but I have to say that the view everywhere in this city is so pretty.  Jenny's has been blessed with a wonderful rental house that is, in my opinion, so very awesome!  It sits on top of a hill with trees all over the place, and other houses scattered about the trees.  Lots of snow is on the ground, but it really  hasn't snowed much since we got here.  However, tomorrow we are going to go to a parade in Colorado Springs called the Festival of Lights and we just saw the forecast - it may snow on us!  So, that should be pretty interesting.  We definitely have to bundle up because it is so very cold.

Oh, and today I had my first taste of Hungarian Goulash with home-made dumplings, beef cubes, gravy, bell peppers, and a few other vegetables.  It was pretty yummy!

So, on to the next few days and when I get home, I'll post those pictures.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honest and respectful comments are welcome.
Thank you for your thoughts!

(Comment as "Name/URL" if you want to provide a name but do not want to log in to one of the specified profiles.)